Greater Shepparton City Council is seeking expressions from suitable individuals and/or organisations to facilitate activities that provide an opportunity for residents and visitors to participate in an activity at one of our many parks, reserves, pools and playgrounds that enables them to be healthy, active, happy and connected.
The program is delivered all year round and will commence commence in September and divided into seasons - Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
Please note activities can be held indoors, particularly during the cooler months the program is delivered.
The Activities in the Park program was developed by Greater Shepparton City Council’s Active Living Department and aims to achieve the following:
- Increase the profile of local parks and reserves within Greater Shepparton and promote ongoing visitation.
- Increase the number of free and low-cost activities held outdoors that encourage positive health outcomes.
- To provide an opportunity for community participation and facilitate social connection through activity.
Council’s Activities in the Park program aligns to the key strategic directions set out in the Council Plan 2021 - 2025 including active and engaged communities by improving liveability through social and recreational opportunities, a range of inclusive services and activities, and valuing our diversity.
Activities in the Park has continued to evolve, building on its success by providing a range of activities to suit all ages and abilities which sit within the following themes:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Sport and Active Recreation
- Arts and Culture
- Family Fun
Planning has commenced for the 2022/2023 Activities in the Park program, with the aim of expanding on the variety and location of activities delivered in the previous program.
The overall program is promoted via a number of channels including the distribution of hard copy brochures, local newspaper and radio advertisements, posters and flyers and social media including, Facebook, Instagram and the Get Mooving App. The expectation is that facilitators promote their individual activities by utilising their established networks throughout the community.
Program facilitators will be recognised in the Activities in the Park promotional material, therefore providing ample opportunity to promote their service. Involvement with such a well profiled, positive and healthy program will allow your organisation to be intrinsically linked with the concept of healthy communities.
Council is open to exploring new ideas to enhance the Activities in the Park program that encourages all residents and visitors to spend time outdoors, try something new and engage with their community; all in a safe and supported environment.
The proposed process for the appointment of program partners is as follows:
|Advertisement||An advertisement will be placed on the ‘Get Mooving Greater Shepparton’ website and Facebook page and information provided in local media.|
|Lodging||Submissions are to be received via post, email or fax as per the details on Page 1. Late Submissions will not be considered.|
|Expression of Interest Evaluation Criteria||The Council will evaluate the Submissions using the Evaluation Criteria as described herein. Those choosing to submit their Submissions should address the criteria as well as providing the Evaluation Panel with any other material they consider to be relevant to their submission.|
|Acceptance of Expression of Interest||Submissions that meet the needs of Council will be notified and invited to further discuss their proposal with Council.|
|Interview||Successful applicants meet with Evaluation Panel.|
Guidance for respondents
- Council seeks high quality and experienced industry professionals with demonstrated experience in delivering group based activities aligned to the program themes.
- The Council will expect that partner agencies will achieve and maintain high standards of presentation and service.
- Council seeks program facilitators that will complement the vision of the Activities in the Park program that provides an opportunity for residents and visitors to be physically active in an outdoor environment.
- Program facilitators are required to have their own Public Liability Insurance and current Working with Children’s Check and Police Check.
- Facilitated activities must have a staff member present who has a current First Aid qualification.
- Facilitators will need to ensure a safe activity environment by complying with Council’s OH&S and risk management policy and procedures.
- Skills that will be highly regarded include experience in delivering group based activities, high level communication and interpersonal skills and excellent organisational skills.
- Council is seeking program facilitators that will provide activities at no cost to the community, however each proposal will be considered on an individual basis that may warrant further information and discussion.
- Program facilitators will be required to work in partnership with Council officers to plan their proposed activities including scheduling, promotion and risk management.
- Program facilitators will be required to actively promote their own activity(ies).
- Program facilitators will be required to explain the partnership with Activities in the Park in all advertising including but not limited to social media posts, website content, newspaper advertisements and editorial pieces by using the following text:
“This program is proudly provided by Greater Shepparton City Council’s Activities in the Park program”
- Program facilitators will be required to deliver their activity(ies) as agreed by Council and arrange appropriate staffing.
- Program facilitators must have a current Police Check.
- Program facilitators must have a current driver’s license and ability to use their own vehicle.
- Program facilitators must have access to smart phone and/or iPad for registration purposes.
- Any scheduled activities cancelled by the program facilitators will result in forfeiture of payment.
- Any activities affected by inclement weather and circumstances beyond our control can be rescheduled within the program period and payment will not be forfeited.
- Facilitators are required to notify Activities in the Park staff by telephone of any changes to the activity(ies) prior to the changes occurring.
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following the directions of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). We aim to take extra precautions to ensure our community stays safe and well.
We must abide by the restrictions set by DHHS in relation to public gatherings, sport and recreation and ensuring hygiene practices and prioritized. We anticipate that our program may be impacted by physical distancing, the use of shared equipment and we ask that you provide a plan of how you will manage these restrictions.
We will continue to monitor the advice from DHHS and be in contact with our facilitators with any changes to the restrictions as they arise.
We reserve the right to alter, cancel or modify the activities in consultation with our facilitators based on the advice from DHHS.
Please note this form unfortunately does not save as you go and will need to be completed in one sitting.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required.