Do you or your children want to play a sport or join a physical activity club or group? Are funds the only thing stopping you?
Applications open Friday 19 March 2021 and close Friday 9 April 2021.
Sporting Chance has been established to ensure all Greater Shepparton residents can actively participate in sport and recreation, regardless of their means, through access to small grants. Greater Shepparton City Council together with The Community Fund and FamilyCare aim to provide social and recreational opportunities that enhance the lives of community members.
Playing sport and being physically active coupled with healthy eating is one of the best ways to live a long and healthy life.
One of the biggest barriers to playing sport for some children, young people and adults is cost.
Sporting Chance is here to assist and can fund registration and membership fees up to $80 for approved applicants.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible applicants must be:
- A resident of Greater Shepparton, although their sporting activity may be outside the municipality
- In posession of a valid Health Care Card
- Aged 18 years or under
- Grants are available for club membership and/or participation fees only.
- Grants of up to $80 per applicant are available.
- Funding will not be provided directly to applicants. FamilyCare will arrange direct payment to clubs, businesses or organisations.
- Successful applicants agree to provide feedback on their playing experiences so outcomes can be recorded.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
- Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Applications will be assessed by a panel consisting of FamilyCare, The Greater Shepparton Foundation and Greater Shepparton City Council representatives.
We encourage you to access the Victorian Government's Get Active Kids Voucher Program to support eligible kids to get involved in organised sport and recreation activities by providing up to $200 towards the cost of membership and registration fees, sports equipment or uniforms. For further information and to apply visit www.getactive.vic.gov.au
As always our local resources are limited, so please avoid asking for both.
If you need assistance with your application please contact FamilyCare on 5823 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org